Believing & Becoming: The Journey of a Business Savvy- Black-Woman-Entrepreneur
With Ashlee Ammons and Jennifer Malcolm.
If nothing else, Ashlee Ammons knows how to power her way through life’s pivots and over hurdles. Consider this:
- Despite zero technology experience, Ashlee and her mother Kerry Schrader successfully launched startup Mixtroz, an event software company. They raised more than $1 million in pre-seed funding, joining the prestigious list of top Black females raising funds.
- Even as they were launching Mixtroz, Ashlee and her mother overcame mental health and physical health challenges.
- They persevered even as the COVID-19 pandemic decimated the event industry by pivoting to a virtual-only business model.
On this episode, Ashlee joins Jennifer Malcolm to discuss entrepreneurship, taking risks, making change, and overcoming the odds.
Full Interview Transcript
Jennasis Speaks and Jennasis & Associates, LLC own the copyright for all content and transcripts of the Jennasis Speaks podcast, with all rights reserved, including the right of publicity.
- What's Okay: You are welcome to share an excerpt from the episode transcript in media articles, in a non-commercial article or blog post, or on a personal social media account for non-commercial purposes, provided that you include proper attribution and link back to the podcast URL.
- What's Not Okay: You are not authorized to copy any portion of the podcast content or to use Jennifer Malcolm's name, image, or likeness for any commercial purpose, including, without limitation, inclusion in any books, e-books, book summaries or synopses, or on a commercial website or social media site that offers or promotes you or another's products or services.
- By downloading the transcript, you agree to the terms listed above.