From Amish to Acceptance: Laura Geideman’s Journey
With Laura Geideman.
Raised in an Amish community in rural Ohio, Laura Geideman believed she had to work her way to Heaven. She feared death. Every night, she would wonder if she’d done enough to deserve God’s love. So she was elated when her older sister shared the gift of salvation—the gift of a relationship with a loving God—but her joy was short-lived. Her parents and the Amish community in which her family lived made it clear that she and her sister had a choice—accept the Amish faith, or leave and be shunned by their family and the community. At age 18, Laura knew she had to leave to find her spiritual home. Her story is about finding the courage and strength to leave the place you know for the place where you will find what you need.
- Grief recovery with Vicki Hagadorn (Inner Healing)
- Dr. Caroline Leaf
- Dr. Henry Cloud (Boundaries)
- A Time to Advance by Chuck Pierce (Spiritual Roots & Identity)
- Freedom From Grief
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). See my disclosure policy here.
Full Interview Transcript
Jennasis Speaks and Jennasis & Associates, LLC own the copyright for all content and transcripts of the Jennasis Speaks podcast, with all rights reserved, including the right of publicity.
- What's Okay: You are welcome to share an excerpt from the episode transcript in media articles, in a non-commercial article or blog post, or on a personal social media account for non-commercial purposes, provided that you include proper attribution and link back to the podcast URL.
- What's Not Okay: You are not authorized to copy any portion of the podcast content or to use Jennifer Malcolm's name, image, or likeness for any commercial purpose, including, without limitation, inclusion in any books, e-books, book summaries or synopses, or on a commercial website or social media site that offers or promotes you or another's products or services.
- By downloading the transcript, you agree to the terms listed above.